Crisis intervention and counseling for people who are in need of immediate help or need someone to talk to. If you or a loved one is experiencing emotional distress, these agencies are ready to offer free and confidential help. Common concerns include but are not limited to mental illness, suicide, intellectual or developmental disability, physical disability, substance abuse, grief, sexual assault, and family violence.
- Crisis Services – Department of Health and Human Services
- North Carolina Suicide Hotlines
- HopeLine of North Carolina
- North Carolina Rape Crisis Centers
- NC Crisis Solutions Initiative
- North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Find out more at: North Carolina Disability Resources and Advocacy Organizations