The Finance Department's purpose is to provide a centralized source for handling the Town's financial affairs. The Finance Director is Sharon Penny. Sharon is responsible for the oversight and management of the Finance Department and administration of the Town's adopted operating budgets.
The Finance Department operates with a staff of three members. Each member is responsible for different functions within the department. However, all are cross-trained to help in times of need and provide additional coverage and services. The essential functions include:
- Billing and collections of utility services
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Purchasing of goods, services, and supplies
- Paying financial obligations
- Maintaining a financial record-keeping system
- Providing periodic preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Protecting municipal assets
- Utilizing investments for town funds
- Providing payroll services.