Celebrate Elizabethtown's 250 Anniversary with a Homecoming
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2023
CAPE FEAR FARMERS MARKET
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
* times and locations subject to change
9AM - Vendors and Exhibits Open
10AM - Opening Ceremony (Stage)
10 AM - Walking Tour of Downtown Elizabethtown. Stop at booth and sign up for timeslot. Tours will be on the 1/2 hours,
10:15AM - East Bladen Marching Band (Stage)
10AM – 2PM - Tour of Churches. Pick up ticket and map at the Farmers Market.
11AM-2PM - Decatur Street Beat Band (Stage Area)
11:00 AM - Live Remote WKML Ticket Stop (90 minutes)
12PM - Corn Shucking Contest (Contest Area)
1PM - Whistling Contest (Front of Stage)
2PM - Boiled Peanut Eating Contest (Front of Stage)
Sponsored by Peanut Patch and the Elizabethtown Rotary Club
3PM - Hollering Contest – Kids & Adult divisions (Front of Stage)
3:30PM - Brent Underwood Band (Stage)
5PM – 8PM - Rivermist (Stage)
ALL DAY EVENTS - 9AM – 3PM
Sponsored by NC Cooperative Extension – Bladen County
Learn about the Agricultural Heritage of Bladen County and its importance to Elizabethtown.
Storytelling and equipment displays.
Major Industries Exhibit
Discover the major industries and businesses that are proud to call Elizabethtown their home.
There are several ways to be involved.
- We will be having all kind of contests for you to enter - corn shucking, hollering, whistling and boiled peanut eating....come early and sign up!
- Come to the events and dress up in period costume - any era will do!
- Join us on a guided historical tour of downtown or get a ticket for the Tour of Churches.
- Dance to Dixieland music with Decatur Street Beat and then stay to hear the beach and classic rock sound of Rivermist.
- Listen to old farmer tales and see old farm equipment.
We are always looking for ideas and volunteers, please contact Terri Dennison at 910-862-4368 if you want to be involved.