Join as a Volunteer Firefighter
To become a volunteer on the Elizabethtown Fire Department click here to print and download.
Obtain a department application from the Elizabethtown Fire Department.
Obtain a CERTIFIED criminal background check from Bladen County or county of residence, if you just moved here, from your last county of residence.
Obtain a CERTIFIED driving history from NCDMV or if you just moved here, from your last state of residence.
Return all of the above information to any meeting throughout the year. Meeting are scheduled every Tuesday night at 7:00 PM.
We are always looking for dedicated Fire Fighters. Below is some information you will need when applying to join our team.
In order to be considered for employment with the Elizabethtown Fire Department the documents listed below must be turned in together. Failure to provide any of the documents requested will remove you from the application process. The documents requested are part of the application process.
- Application (completed)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or (current report card)
- College Diploma or Transcript (if applicable)
- Criminal History from the Clerk of Court
- DD 214 – Military Discharge Form (if applicable)
- Certified copies of any criminal charges with disposition of same
- Signed Authorization for Release of Information
- Copy of any current certifications that may apply
- Junior Documents signed by parent or guardian
Print our application: Elizabethtown Fire Department Application