Join as a Volunteer Firefighter
Obtain a department application from the Elizabethtown Fire Department.
Obtain a CERTIFIED criminal background check from Bladen County or county of residence if you just moved here from your last county of residence.
Obtain a CERTIFIED driving history from NCDMV or, if you just moved here, from your last state of residence.
Return all of the above information to any meeting throughout the year. Meetings are scheduled every Tuesday at 7:00 PM.
We are always looking for dedicated Fire Fighters. Below is some information you will need when applying to join our team.
The documents listed below must be turned in to be considered for employment with the Elizabethtown Fire Department. Failure to provide any of the documents requested will remove you from the application process. The documents requested are part of the application process.
- Application (completed)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or (current report card)
- College Diploma or Transcript (if applicable)
- Criminal History from the Clerk of Court
- DD 214 – Military Discharge Form (if applicable)
- Certified copies of any criminal charges with the disposition of the same
- Signed Authorization for Release of Information
- Copy of any current certifications that may apply
- Junior Documents signed by parent or guardian