To Dear Police Applicant,
Thank you in advance for your interest in wanting to become a police officer for the Town of Elizabethtown. In order to be considered for a position, you must meet the minimum requirements listed below. Having met those requirements, you will be required to submit all of the documents listed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administrative Assistant at (910) 862-3125.
Chief of Police
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Must have completed Basic Law Enforcement Training, (BLET)
- Must be of good moral character determined by extensive background investigation
- Must pass drug screening and psychological testing.
To be considered for employment with the Elizabethtown Police Department, copies of the following documents must be included with the NC Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission Form (F-3). The failure to provide any of the documents requested will delay the application process. All documents requested are considered part of the application process and should be turned in with your Form (F-3).
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma or Transcript
- BLET Certificate
- DD-214 – Military Discharge Form (If Applicable)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Criminal Records Check from the Clerk of Court in all counties you have lived in the past 10 years.
- Notarized copy of “Authorization for Release of Personal Information”
- Sealed Copy of Credit report
- North Carolina Personal History Statement Form (F-3)