HOMECOMING IS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT 250TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 23
The Town of Elizabethtown’s 250th Anniversary Committee is concentrating on making the Homecoming Event, scheduled for Saturday, September 23 a truly memorable celebration of more recent history of the town.
The event is scheduled on Saturday, September 23 from 9AM to 7PM at the Cape Fear Farmers Market.
Two musical acts will perform during the event. The Decatur Street Beat with their Dixieland music sound will take the stage from 11AM – 2PM. The popular beach music and classic rock band, Rivermist, will perform from 4pm – 7pm. Local talent will also be highlighted.
Crowd participation is encouraged with a variety of contests planned including corn shucking, hollering, and whistling.
During the event, the Elizabethtown Walking Tour, a guided tour through the downtown, will be introduced. Tours will take place every half hour from the Farmers Market. A Tour of Churches will lead participants to various churches within the town, highlighting the history of each building and congregation. Information on the major industries and families will be on display. The committee also expects several “meet and greets” with Elizabethtown natives who have gone on to do remarkable things in the state and nation.
The 250th Anniversary Committee would also like to hear from anyone who is:
- A former student of Music Teacher Ray Haney and would like to participate in a musical tribute.
- Any artists interested in working on small murals depicting Elizabethtown’s history.
- Local musicians who would like to perform for their hometown.
- Historians who would like to help with interpretive displays.
- Local businesses who would like to highlight their years in Elizabethtown.
For more information on the event, contact Elizabethtown’s Director of Communications and Marketing Terri Dennison at 910-862-4368 or [email protected].